building curl with openssl 1.0.2h support for android

From: greendragon <hshere_at_greendragon.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 15:26:15 -0500

I have been building curl with openssl support for a while now. Up until
I switched to openssl 1.0.2h (and curl 7.49.1) I have had no issues.

I build a libcurl library for android which has openssl & crypto baked
in (as static libs).

But with this new combination, I always get output from ./configure
which tells me SSL isn't enabled:

  SSL support: no
(--with-{ssl,gnutls,nss,polarssl,mbedtls,cyassl,axtls,winssl,darwinssl}
)

It is clear that something has changed but I haven't been able to figure
out what that is. My configure command is

export LIBS="-lssl -lcrypto"
export LDFLAGS="-L$SCRIPTPATH/obj/local/armeabi"
./configure --host=arm-linux-androideabi --target=arm-linux-androideabi
\
             --with-ssl=$SSLPATH \
             --enable-static \
             --disable-shared \
             --enable-verbose \
             --enable-threaded-resolver \
             --enable-libgcc \
             --enable-ipv6 \

Does anyone have any pointers? I've consumed all the googleable info I
have found and so far it hasn't helped.

Thanks

Howard