RE: curl library 7.36.0: curl_easy_perform() function call failed when used for getting a file from Window's machine to my linux box

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 22:46:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 18 Oct 2016, Zhao, Joe wrote:

Please stop the top-posting.

> Yes, I mean scp server. I have installed scp server on my window's machine
> for the test. On my linux machine, I am able to get a file from the Window's
> machine (scp server running) if I use the linux scp command from shell.
> However, if I use curl library in my application code for getting a file
> from Window's machine, I got the error 79. As I mentioned, if the scp server
> is on another linux machine, I am able to get a file using curl library.

That sounds like a problem with libssh2 (and again, the verbose mode may
explain some of it). The next step is probably to build a test application
directly with libssh2 and see what that says as I fear it will fail the same
way... and then debugging libssh2 is the next step.

A basic SCP example for libssh2 is here:

   https://libssh2.org/examples/scp.html

But of course, for libssh2 debugging and help on that route, you're better off
on the libssh2-devel mailing list.