RE: macOS10.12/Xcode8 introduces run-time crash when building libcurl for earlier iOS versions

From: Martin Storsjö <martin_at_martin.st>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 10:55:18 +0300 (EEST)

On Wed, 19 Oct 2016, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Oct 2016, Martin Storsjö wrote:
>
>> Anyway, as for a concrete fix, I guess we should look for whether the user
>> has specified -mmacosx-version-min or -miphoneos-version-min in some way,
>> and if not, add them with a default version. -Werror=partial-availability
>> should probably be safe to add in any case.
>
> See attached patch. Thoughts?
>
> I tested this approach on my mac and it works fine for me on a plain build
> without the -mmacosx-version-min or -miphoneos-version-min options set.
>
> You think this approach is decent?

Yes, this seems sensible, and it's good to that it explicitly says what it
did in the log, leaving a hint for users cross-building for iOS that they
also might want to set it somehow unless they already do.

If someone already has got a cross setup where they are building for iOS
it might be good to check whether this correctly notices their
-miphoneos-version-min (I don't know what all ways people might use to set
it in the autoconf builds), but it seems correct at least. And if they set
it in a too creative way which configure doesn't see, they can probably
change to pass it to configure.

// Martin