Re: TLS 1.3

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 10:20:32 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 24 Oct 2016, Kamil Dudka wrote:

>> In curl we have not taken any steps toward this yet, but it seems about
>> time we do.
>
> By taking steps toward this you mean to introduce the
> CURL_SSLVERSION_TLSv1_3 constant in curl.h (and --tlsv1.3 option of curl)
> and pass it to NSS?
>
> That sounds like a good idea.

Yes, exactly!

> On the other hand, I would be careful with enabling it by default because
> there was already a patch release of NSS to re-disable TLS 1.3 by default:

While they work out the quirks in NSS for what to do by default and when, we
could still start with the ground work on how libcurl should behave.

I'm pretty sure server people will appreciate being able to try out their TLS
1.3 work with curl once it starts to get more widespread adoption.