Re: libcurl Bindings: page not found

From: silvioprog <silvioprog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 23:55:42 -0300

Thanks for replying! :-)

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 3:51 AM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Oct 2016, silvioprog wrote:
>

>> I've tried to access some bindings published at libcurl:

>> https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/bindings.html
<https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/bindings.html>

>> however, when I click in some of them (eg: "Object-Pascal" or "Pascal"),
I got "page not found".

>> So, was the libcurl bindings moved to other page?
>

> A few days ago I removed all the bindings pages from the curl web site.
This particular page you found should've been removed too since it now
mostly contains dead links. There's no link to this page from anywhere (any
longer) for that reason.

> I decided to remove the bindings pages as they simply was always out of
data and mostly linked to dead pages and contained outdated information
since no binding authors or people bother to tell us about what happened.
(Look, I'm not putting any blame on someone, this is just stating facts.)

Indeed.

> So the info was more misleading and damaging than helping since these
pages would easily end up high in search ranks and thus hindered the "real"
pages from getting the traction they should get.

> The curl site works better when we focus on the stuff we work on in this
project since we keep that up-to-date and accurate. We're better off
leaving things that happen in other projects for other projects' web sites.

Hm, I didn't know that the bindings were third party sources.
Unfortunately, they can be outdated and their authors no more maintain
them. :-( (for example, the http://houston.quik.com/jkp/curlpas/ always
return 'server not found')

Anyway, I'm going to do a full Free Pascal / Delphi XE libcurl binding (or
improve some already existing) hosting it on Github.

--
Silvio Clécio