Re: Malformed chunk error

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2016 10:26:20 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 9 Nov 2016, Thiru balaji wrote:

> When I try a download in the transfer chunk encoding. I often receive a
> "malformed chunk" error from the curl and the download is stopped.
>
> Is it related to the size of the file that I am downloading.
>
> What is the reason to receive "malformed chunk".

Does it really say exactly "malformed chunk" ? I find no such error text in a
modern libcurl version. It will help if you are as precise as possible.

If you're using a libcurl version from before Jan 2014 you have a chunked
encoding parser that is a bit stricter. We loosened the parser a bit back then
to be more aligned with how the browsers parse chunks. What libcurl version
are you using?

The exact reason for the error message is probably best researched by you
investigating the raw HTTP stream that curl reads.

Do you see this issue on a publicly accessible URL that we too can try to
fetch?