Re: issue with libcurl/7.50.3 and http2 with multipart upload request?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 16:11:29 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 10 Nov 2016, Michele Rossi wrote:

> user-agent: libcurl/7.50.3 r-curl/2.2 httr/1.2.1
>
> I hope that answers your question. I am not even sure what nghttp2 is to be
> honest.

nghttp2 is the library libcurl itself uses for doing the lower level HTTP/2
work, so it plays a fairly important part in curl's HTTP/2 protocol handling
and behavior.

> The upload call fails all the time for a given document (the HTTP PUT call
> is about uploading a generic file with its metadata. The metadata is one of
> the 2 parts, the file is the other part).

Now you confuse me. The subject says multipart upload, now you say HTTP PUT.
Which opreation did you mean fails? Both?

> That makes me think of something wrong with the calculation of the
> content-length in certain cases.

If the upload size you tell curl about doesn't match the amount of data you
(intend to) send then curl will of course not mark the last data packet as the
final, since it will believe there are more to send.

> If that is true the problem is probably in the HTTR library.

Yes, that's cerainly possible.