Re: HTTPS proxy, another take

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2016 00:11:41 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 23 Nov 2016, Thomas Glanzmann wrote:

> I found the following bugs, we should fix:

Right. Focus should first be to make sure everything *existing* remains
functional but then we should just start working on fixing the bugs in the
HTTPS proxy functionality. Having the code in the master branch will make it
easier to do that I think.

> curl: (4) A requested feature, protocol or option was not found built-in in
> this libcurl due to a build-time decision.
>
> To my knowledge I have not disabled any related feature.
>
> However I can access a http website over a proxy.

You mean you can access a HTTP site over the HTTPS proxy?

In issue #1127 they do state: "Supported backends: OpenSSL, GnuTLS, and NSS".
I suppose that might mean that those are the only backends that support HTTPS
over HTTPS. Maybe they could help clarify that?

Since we have this "only supported with" - situation, I think we should expose
that with a feature bit for the curl_version_info() function so that
applications can actually figure out if it is supposed to work or not.

> I use curl with mbedtls. Am I the only one having this problem. If someone
> needs access to my proxy for reproducing the problem, drop me an email. My
> proxy works fine with chrome and firefox.

I would love to get access to let me try out HTTPS proxy stuff easier. I'll
shoot you an email privately about it.