Re: FTP server response time out

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2016 05:27:28 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 6 Dec 2016, Sasikala Raju wrote:

> While uploading to FTP we are getting below error. Will
> CURLOPT_FTP_RESPONSE_TIMEOUT<http://ncvs.commvault.com/source/s?defs=CURLOPT_FTP_RESPONSE_TIMEOUT&project=win>
> help here ?

> Does STOR command takes long time usually ?

STOR is used for uploading data. If you upload large amounts over a low
bandwidth connection it is going to take a while.

Often, this sort of problem happens when there's NAT or firewall that closes
your control connection (thinking it has timed out since it was silent for
"too long") while the transfer is happening on the data connection. There's
really no good remedy for this other than to ignore this error when curl
returns it and hope that you don't get it for other reasons. :-O