Re: Curl_ssl_random fails in 7.52.1 when SSL backend has no random support

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 17:49:44 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 12 Jan 2017, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

>> The SSL backends that have no random support return CURLE_NOT_BUILT_IN as
>> their value for curlssl_random(). This causes vtls.c:Curl_ssl_random() to
>> fail and return CURLE_FAILED_INIT, which then causes rand.c:randit() to
>> give up and return an error.
>
> Ouch. Another case that worked for me when I tested locally because I built
> debug-enabled... :-/ I'll write up a fix. Stay tuned.

Thanks for your report!

I just pushed this commit:
https://github.com/curl/curl/commit/807698db025f489dd7894f1195e4983be632bee2

I reproduced the problem with mbedtls, then made sure the fixed version works
with it. And I tested with openssl both before and after the fix.

There are a lot of TLS backends, if someone spots any quirk brought by this
just speak up and we'll fix!