Re: libcurl for TI-RTOS

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 00:08:49 +0100

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 10:22:17PM +0000, George Reasoner wrote:
> I am attempting to implement libcurl on a TI Cortex A8 ARM device, and I receive the ""Unknown non-configure build target!" error, because there is no configuration for the TI ARM compiler. The curlbuild.h file warns against modification, so I would like assistance in adding configuration information for the TI ARM Compiler to curlbuild.h. What information is required?

Normally, you don't need to modify that file because configure should do it for
you. If you're building on a POSIX host, you should still be able to configure
curl using the configure script even for a cross-compiled RTOS. Take a look at
the cross-compiling section of INSTALL.md for hints. But, if you can't get
that working, you'll have to roll your own config file manually, customized for
the host. Some other systems do that (see lib/config-*.h) but it can be a lot
of work to get it right so try to avoid that if you can.

>>> Dan