RE: proposed changes for winbuild makefile

From: Kees Dekker <Kees.Dekker_at_infor.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 09:25:34 +0000

I thought I have create a small fix, that was read and checked by Rod. Again making new (smaller) diffs means that I've to start again.
AFAIK the only thing left for me was to update the documentation. Anyhow, I lack time to do this all, and need to postpone this to later.

> I lost track of what exactly this refers to in this long thread. Please don't
> top-post, it makes it nearly impossible to understand what is being referred
> to.

Unfortunately, the common way of answering in our own organization is top posting. I now used UNIX style posting. Hopefully I don't forget it next time, as I can't make it the default. It is quite difficult to make all mail recipients happy, sorry.

> Can I suggest that you proceed and make smaller interative changes? Smaller
> independent changes one by one are much easier to review, discuss and
> merge.
>
> I also just now filed issue #1232, pointing out that the winbuild makefile
> doesn't build the curl binary to have "curl -M" working. Just to make people
> aware.

Now I get confused. May original diff had nothing to do with curl -M but with the possibility to provide different include and lib paths to (different named) openSSL/libssh2/zlib libraries + the possibility to add your own compiler flags.