Re: compile curl without md5 only for SFTP

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 08:54:43 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 23 Mar 2017, Michael via curl-library wrote:

(the topic seems to mismatch with the question...)

> how to statically compile curl for only sftp?

You need to use configure's --disable-XXXX options for each protocol you want
to switch off. ./configure --help | grep '\-\-disable' shows what you have to
pick from.

> michael_at_michael-ubuntu:~$ ./configure --disable-shared --enable-static
> --prefix=/tmp/curlstaticbuild --disable-ldap --disable-sspi --disable-md5
> --without-zlib

There's no --disable-md5 option. Exactly which MD5 functionality are you
trying to get rid of?

> I get a md5 link error at runtime.

Please show us the exact error output so we can understand better what it is!