Re: Multiple DNS resolution threads are spawned for same host/port for a multi-handle

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 00:51:51 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 27 Mar 2017, mandar choure wrote:

> Just to clarify about the cpu usage, the resolution threads don't themselves
> take 100% cpu. They spike the cpu usage by 30-40% for 10 to 15 seconds.

That's still unexpected. Are you sure you're not causing this yourself by for
example looping too much when you don't have a socket to wait for?

> Again you mentioned that you are considering thread pool for DNS resolution.
> Any idea when that would be available?

That's just an idea. We have hundreds of good ideas! =)

I don't know when I will get around to implementing something like that, if
ever, and I don't know if someone else will do it. You can help making it
happen by chipping in your time and efforts!