Re: FTPS: "SSL certificate problem: Invalid certificate chain" error

From: Leo <leo.r_at_rogers.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 02:45:43 -0400

On 4/10/17 12:49 PM, TJ Saunders wrote:

>> This is not a rule of thumb, but most FTP servers tell you whether they
>> support EPSV upon receiving the "HELP" command. The HELP reply format is
>> unfortunately not structured and may differ from one server to another.
> Alternatively, you could use the FEAT command. Most FTP servers which
> support EPSV will list EPSV (and/or EPRT) in their FEAT response. The
> FEAT response is much more structured, making it easier to parse.
>
> See:
>
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2389#section-3.2
>
> Hope this helps,
> TJ

Thanks for the suggestion, TJ!

Interestingly, this particular server doesn't list any connection modes
in FEAT (as far as I can tell), but does list all of them in HELP.

FEAT
211- Extensions supported:
  AUTH TLS
  PBSZ
  PROT
  SIZE
  MDTM
  MFMT
  REST STREAM
  MLST type*;modify*;size*;UNIX.mode*;UNIX.owner*;UNIX.group*;
  MLSD
211 End.
HELP
214- The following commands are recognized (* =>'s unimplemented).
    USER LPRT MODE MSOM* RNTO SITE RMD SIZE
    PASS EPRT RETR MSAM* ABOR SYST XRMD MDTM
    ACCT* PASV STOR MRSQ* DELE STAT PWD MFMT
    SMNT* LPSV APPE MRCP* CWD HELP XPWD MLSD
    REIN* EPSV MLFL* ALLO XCWD NOOP CDUP MLST
    QUIT TYPE MAIL* REST LIST MKD XCUP FEAT
    PORT STRU MSND* RNFR NLST XMKD STOU OPTS

Leo