RE: Static libcurl size under Windows

From: Rod Widdowson <rdw_at_steadingsoftware.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 10:47:39 +0100

> Does anyone know why we're rolling all dependencies into static libcurl lib?

I looked and timed out. I don't speak nmake too good but thus far it looks like an artefact of the way the dll is built "Put in appropriate references for everything". Also I cannot get over this suspicion that the build is using the linker to create the archive ("you are in a maze of nested symbol indirection, all alike").

I'll look a bit more this weekend but thusfar I'm coming up dry I'm hoping someone with stronger nmake-fu than I will dive it.

/Rod