RE: win32 - where to start?

From: Marcel Raad via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 20:58:32 +0000

Hi Glenn,

> I found the libcurl source on git, and presuming I can download and build it
> from there, but not sure which directories/files I need.
> I saw there was a winbuild folder. Would prefer to build from inside VS (not
> nmake) so need either a project file or compiler/linker settings and any
> dependencies.
>
> Any pointers on where to start would be appreciated.

if you download the current release 7.54.0 from https://curl.haxx.se/download.html, there are Visual Studio project files inside the projects folder.
There are subdirectories for each Visual Studio version. If you only want libcurl, the VS solution is in the lib folder. If you also want to build the tool, you need curl-all.sln.
There is more info in projects/README.

Marcel