Re: soname different

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2017 16:24:44 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 1 Jun 2017, Nakarin Kamkheaw wrote:

> I tried both the version 7.21.6 as mentioned and 7.54.0. I tried both
> --enable-soname-bump and --disable-soname-bump for 7.54.0. Both give
> libcurl.so.5.4.0. ( I called "./configure --help | grep soname" to come up
> with these two flags )

This is a clue from your config.log from the nobump log:

configure:2940: loading site script
/opt/dspg/v1.2.2-rc4/site-config-armv5te-dspg-linux-gnueabi

... and in that file, you specifically tell configure your off_t size is 4
bytes. That is highly unusual on this millenium and that's the reason for the
enforced bump.

The --disable-soname-bump doesn't seem to work so it doesn't switch of the
automatically detected need for a bump. But the bump is deemed necessary
because your build will not work with other libcurl builds of soname 4 due to
that size mismatch.

I think that site-config-armv5te-dspg-linux-gnueabi file was (wrongly) made
without the necessary __USE_FILE_OFFSET64 define set.