Time measurements using CURL - Help required

From: s S via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 20:09:40 +0530

Hi,

I am trying to find the following metrics for a http request and its
response using curl,

1. Client time - how much time is spent by http client (curl) in
establishing the connection and sending the query to the server.

2. Server time - how much time the server took in "processing" the query
and sending the response to the client.

3. Network time - The round trip time - for the network in between client
and server.

4. Total time - The total time spent by the client in initiating the
connection with server, sending the query and receiving the reply.

From the manuals, I could see that.
time_total could give "4. Total time" and
time_pretransfer could give "1.Client time",
(time_starttransfer) - (time_pretransfer) - (3.Network time) could give "2.
Server time".

I am not sure how to find the "Network time". The option of using half of
time_connect can give an approx value of network time in most of the
cases.This may not give the accurate value in case of retransmit during SYN
or SYN/ACK.

Please help by validating the above. In case if this require code changes
in CURL I am planning to do it and some hints here could be very useful.

Regards,
Sundar