Re: Improving form post API

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 01:20:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 21 Jun 2017, Patrick Monnerat via curl-library wrote:

> As we may now be ready to add new entry points for form handling, I wonder
> if the new form API should not be extended to some more generic API, capable
> of building a data stream from different components for any Mime oriented
> protocol, reducing the need of some external Mime library for calling
> applications. After all, forms are a subset of Mime. This could probably be
> achieved without a too large "code bloat".

I suppose you're then thinking of uses cases like actually providing a mail
body for sending with SMTP etc?

The form API would need to become a much more generic MIME API for it to work
good for that. But sure, if someone has use cases in mind and want to suggest
how the current form API redesign proposal can be made into a more generic
MIME one, then I could be interested. I just don't want it to be made into a
super big and complicated project because of that...