Re: Problem with DIGEST and multiple authorization headers

From: Daniel Schwarz via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 11:49:17 +0200

Yes, I agree with you. The round-trip in case of 401s is actually not an
efficient way for authentication. Whenever multiple authentication headers
come into place, the user should know which realm to use. So we should
focus on setting one realm directly. In our use cases we always know the
realm before. So it would be completely fine. On client side I would assume
to get the option of setting a specific Realm as an authentication
parameter. I cannot evaluate how it is best to implement in libcurl. The
callback also sounds like a good approach. I could imagine in case of a
failed auth due to a differing realm the client could give a more accurate
feedback to the user.