Building curl for older Windows versions

From: Per Malmberg <per.malmberg_at_snowsoftware.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 11:44:50 +0000

Hi,

We recently included libcurl in our Windows software which sadly needs to run on Windows versions as old as Server 2003/XP. To this end we #define _WIN32_WINNT=0x501 and WINVER=0x501 which is working fine.

However, for curl we have not been able to find a way to do this, with less than editing the curl/lib/config-win32.h.

According to https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/kezkeayy.aspx we could possibly set the _CL_ environment to "/D_WIN32_WINT=0x501 /DWIN_VER=0x501" , but that sort of circumvents the curl build files.

So, my question is this: When building with nmake as per the docs, how should we specify the Windows target version?

Br,

Per Malmberg