Re: target-independent libcurl headers

From: Rahul Sabnis via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 21:47:57 +0530

Hello,

I am trying to build libcurl shared library and try some basic examples
using curl 7.54.0. It built successfully on all platforms I tried (Linux,
Solaris, AIX, HP-UX).
I tried to compile the sample code (http-post.c) all mentioned platforms.
Except Linux, all platforms give error. On Solaris, I see below error:

*>cc -o http_post -L<My Shared library location> -lcurl -I<Header file
location> http_post.c*
"/rpool/ldom/buildsol/export/home/builder/testbuilds/libcurl/exports/include/curl/curlrules.h",
line 138: zero or negative subscript
"/rpool/ldom/buildsol/export/home/builder/testbuilds/libcurl/exports/include/curl/curlrules.h",
line 148: zero or negative subscript
cc: acomp failed for http_post.c

On AIX and HP-UX, I see similar errors, related to same header file.

Question is, since the new release is related to target independent
headers, will the above problem be addressed if I use newer version i.e.
7.55.0 ?
Or, do I still have to make changes ?

Thanks,
Rahul.