Re: [DKIM] CMake - How to best include libcurl

From: Noam Chitayat via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 15:15:08 +0000

Jakub, you're right that ExternalProject_Add seems like the right method to
use. Unfortunately, in attempting to do so, I get the following CMake error:
"type UTILITY may not be linked into another target. One may link only to
STATIC or SHARED libraries, or to executables with the ENABLE_EXPORTS
property set."

This implies that curl's CMakeLists.txt needs to change. I'm still learning
about the ExternalProject module, so I need to do some more reading before
I know exactly what needs to change.
If I'm wrong and you were able to get it working without any changes to
curl's CMakeLists.txt, then I'd love to hear how you did it -- it certainly
seems like the right use case for that module.

Thanks!
Noam Chitayat