Proper value for CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT

From: Gnana Guru Natarajan via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 13:19:41 +0530

Hello,

             I need suggestion regarding setting the proper or recommended
value for CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT for https connection. I'm using 20 seconds
to establish the TCP connection with the server which is handling maximum
of 2500 client request at any given time . Most of the time the client able
to connect to server without timeout errors. Sometime the client not able
to connect within this stipulated time and libcurl throw the error
"Connection timed out after 20001 milliseconds". If this error occurs, it
will persist for more than two hours and will become normal

Does anybody think if increasing this timeout value solve this issue or
should we fine tune the server side to accept more connections? Could you
please suggest me what could be the cause to debug further? As it is in
production, I cannot easily change the timeout value to test if it works.

Thanks,
Gnana Guru N.