Re: Improving form post API

From: Patrick Monnerat via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2017 12:34:37 +0100

On 07/07/2017 11:34 AM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> I added curl_form_data_cb() to the wiki page.

Seems to me this is not enough: we could have a rewind callback to
support redirections and a "readdata free" callback function would be a
great feature to release resources upon deletion.

What about something like:

|curl_form_data_cb(part, size, readfunction, rewindfunction,
releasefunction, custom-pointer);|

with rewindfunction and releasefunction possibly NULL ?

The same rewind problem is also present for non-seekable files (i.e.:
fifos and char devices): I'm afraid I have no suggestion for this.

Patrick