Re: CURL 7.55.0 lib compilation on Windows

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 23:12:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 10 Aug 2017, naveen gupta via curl-library wrote:

> I am try to upgrade the library to 7.55.0, however I could not find
> Makefile.vc10 inside lib directory anymore.

No, that way of building libcurl is gone. The one that exists that is most
similar to that is the 'winbuild' system, located in the directory named
windbuild. See the BUILD.WINDOWS.txt file there for instructions on how to use
it: https://github.com/curl/curl/blob/master/winbuild/BUILD.WINDOWS.txt

> How to compile the 7.55.0 library on Windows with
> "cfg=release-ssl-ssh2-zlib" ?

Something similar to this, I believe:

  nmake /f Makefile.vc WITH_SSL=dll WITH_SSH2=dll WITH_ZLIB=dll
    WITH_DEVEL=C:\path\to\deps

Alternative MSVC build methods we provide include using cmake or building from
VC10 project files.