Question about curl timeout when NOSIGNAL is set

From: Chenchen Qu <cqu_at_factset.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 11:06:53 +0000

Hi:

I recently came across some crashes from my muti threaded application and
it turned out I don't have the CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL and signal was causing some weird
behaviour in my application. I apologize if this question was answered before,
would CURLOPT_TIMEOUT and CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT still work with
signal disabled? How would it work without using the OS SIGALRM?

I guess I should build libcurl with c-ares or threaded-resolver support if I want the timeout
To work properly.

Thanks
CHenchen