Re: Cross-compile libcurl for embedded arm target running freeRtos and LWIP stack

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 00:52:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017, Gianfilippo Fornaro via curl-library wrote:

> AFAIK libcurl does not need an OS to run, but a TCP-IP stack that can
> provide unix-like network api.

It also needs a few other functions to be present. For like time, files and
more.

> 1) Linux env(to semplify stuff). Build libcurl from sources using make
> build, preparing a cross-compile environment for make configure step and use
> the LWIP stack.

That's the most commonly used way. Especially for cross-compiles.

> 2) In mcuExpresso IDE

Then you'd have to manually craft a curl_config.h file, but that's certainly
doable. libcurl's source files are written to allow you to build all files and
yet only the parts that cover features you have enabled are actually compiled.

> checking forarm-none-eabi-gcc...arm-none-eabi-gcc
> checking whether the C compiler works...no

... can you separately build that test program with a command line like that?
configure seems to say it can't.

> If I procede with the 2) way, I would ask how can I set/unset all the
> features that I can choose using directives like -without-ssl --with-mbedtls
> --enable-static--disable-shared in the configure step?

You can. They're (mostly) set in lib/curl_config.h that is generate by
configure, the lib/curl_config.h.in file is used as template.