Re: Proxy CONNECT aborted after 7.55.0

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2017 12:48:08 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 3 Sep 2017, Yasushi Oshima via curl-library wrote:

> I saw some changes in libcurl 7.55.0, then, I found followings:
>
> Just return with CURLE_OK when Curl_read() is CURLE_AGAIN. However, Iit
> seems that 'continue' in the same case till 7.54.1,
>
> I changed to 'continue' in 7.55.1 as for trial and rebuild libcurl,
> then it is able to connect normally, becomes to work well again.
>
> Is this a bug? or another causes?

Doing a continue there will result in a busy-loop so while it may solve the
bug for you, it isn't the correct fix.

7.55.0 introduced a totally non-blocking CONNECT behavior, which we didn't do
before so this is probably a bug due to that.

We've also done some minor changes in the CONNECT handling after 7.55.1 so it
would be interesting to hear what your results are if you try with curl from
current git master!