Re: libcurl truncating long cookies?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 23:58:51 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 9 Sep 2017, Kevin Smith wrote:

> Yeah, I see in the code where a check could be added for making sure the
> cookie value is not too long. I have never submitted a fix to curl before,
> do I just provide a diff here or open a pull request in Github? Would you
> want any unit test to show it is working?

Ideally a pull request, as that will also make a lot of extra checks and tests
run to make sure the code is reasonably fine. But if you submit a patch here,
someone else can push it to github to have the CI tests verify it.

I'd love a test case or two for it, yes. It should just be a matter of sending
curl an overly long cookie and make sure curl doesn't save it.