Re: CURL ERROR Unknown SSL protocol error

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 09:56:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 15 Sep 2017, Gnana Guru Natarajan via curl-library wrote:

> Yes it happens randomly against the same server.

Wow, how annoying. Well I don't know what other to suggest than trying to
debug the case and record the traffic with wireshark when you're trying until
you manage to capture the error case with it.

If you can reproduce the case against a public URL then tell us and we can
maybe help out.

> > I hope you only do that while debugging this issue.

> No. It was disabled permanently because we don't have requirement to do that

If the requirement actually says "allow anyone to MITM the connection" then I
think you're fine. It's a bit unusual, as HTTPS connections usually imply that
you want them done securely.