Re: Undefined reference to pThread issue with 7.55.1

From: Ray Satiro via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 13:15:12 -0400

On 9/26/2017 3:10 AM, Dan Fandrich wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 02:48:58AM -0400, Ray Satiro via curl-library wrote:
>> I'm using -fsanitize=address in cflags and ldflags when I use --enable-debug in
>> configure, and I've determined that causes pthreads to be included. Because of
>> that the pthreads detection in the configure script doesn't think any pthreads
>> option is needed.
> That explains why my address/undefined sanitizers autobuilds have been failing
> for a while, e.g., https://curl.haxx.se/dev/log.cgi?id=20170926033836-2562

Ok how about if I make a PR so when pthread option is enabled first
check for -lpthread, then fall back on -pthread (FYI I think this is
from the 90s, I don't know how much difference it will make), then if
that doesn't work try checking for the function without either (in case
there's a glib that rolls it up or something).