Re: building on MacOS High Sierra

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2017 14:00:48 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 1 Oct 2017, Pavol Markovic via curl-library wrote:

>> Might be related: https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/1336
>> <https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/1336>
>
> That's my pull request that has not been accepted because of lack of
> interest.

Yeah, we seem to have a very limited amount of contributors who use mac and
cares about mac specific things, so in matters like this where I haven't seen
a clear winner or support for a particular take I feel that I don't have
enough to go on to make a decision. It is rather frustrating at times,
especially since I know that we have a huge number of (at least indirect)
users on mac and ios.

In most cases where I don't have personal knowledge about something, I wait
for more people to weigh in with comments and support or dismissals to get
added confidence about which route to take.

> I've now updated the pull request to be up-to-date with latest curl sources
> to fix the problem again across macOS systems and Xcode environments.

Thanks!

github says it still has a conflict?

Let me also encourage other mac users to give their voice on whether this is
the right approach or not! If we act swiftly, we can have this fixed in the
coming release.