Re: curl 7.56.0 build problems

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2017 00:40:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 12 Oct 2017, Michael Felt wrote:

> I do not remember a dependency on gmake aka GNU make before.

curl doesn't depend on GNU make. It builds on systems without it. What's the
exact problem with make that you're seeing and what operating system is this?

> this error: "/usr/include/openssl/crypto.h", line 518.44: 1506-275 (S)
> Unexpected text free_func encountered.

How are complaints on OpenSSL headers our fault?

> is the processing of _LARGE_FILES during configure changed?

I don't think so, but curl/system.h became used by default in 7.55.0 and it
changed how some variables and sizes are determined. Although in 7.54.1 we had
a test case that should've failed for you if system.h didn't come to the same
conclusions (for types and sizes) as the previous system.