Re: a patch release ?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 09:03:48 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 15 Oct 2017, Ray Satiro via curl-library wrote:

>> Should we make a patch release before the next planned release date?
>
> There are always bugs that affect users, is there a specific bug that you
> are thinking of? The only serious one I can recall since the release this
> month is 1988/1949, which is enough for a patch release in my opinion.

I'm thinking of the formpost from stdin for command line users and the 16K
formpost bug for libcurl users, primarily. Problems that have been reported
multiple times by independent users.

We also have a pending security fix.

I'd like to propose we do a 7.56.1 release in exactly one week, Monday the
23rd of Oktober.

Any objections?

(Let's then also push the feature freeze a week to instead then be open for
"new features" for the possible 7.57.0 release until November 8.)