Re: Compiling curl on AS400 with ILE C

From: Patrick Monnerat via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 12:13:58 +0100

On 10/17/2017 09:26 AM, Franco Lombardo via curl-library wrote:
>>> CPD5D1D: * MODULE WARNLESS object in CURL library not found.
>> Module WARNLESS failed to compile. You should find compilation errors for it in the log file.
>> I suspect the problem is the recent addition of symbol SIZEOF_LONG (not yet defined in lib/config-os400.h: should be '#define SIZEOF_LONG 4').
> The compile error is: "SIZEOF_LONG not defined"

That's what I presumed.

> Here are the errors for VTLS module:
>
> 552 !void Curl_ssl_close(struct connectdata *conn, int sockindex) ! 552
> 553 !{ ! 553
> 554 1 ! DEBUGASSERT((sockindex <= 1) && (sockindex >= -1)); ! 554
> 555 3 ! Curl_ssl->close(conn, sockindex); ! 555
> 555 3 + Curl_ssl->close_a(conn); + 555
> ===========> ............b.........a...........................................................................
> *=ERROR ==========> a - CZM0215 Too many arguments for close macro.
> *=GRAVE===========> b - CZM0022 "close_a" is not a member of "const struct Curl_ssl".

A new structure has a member named 'close' that gets altered by qadrt
macro processing: the solution is to rename the field.

>>> CPD5D1D: * SRVPGM QZDMMDTA object in QSOC library not found.
>> Really don't know where it comes from: QZDMMDTA is not required by the curl makefile
> Maybe it's something related to this:
> http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1010514
> I have to give it a try.

I don't think so: the error code in page is not the same and it speaks
about undefined symbols, not a missing srvpgm. But again, just don't
care of it for the moment.

I've prepared an os400 branch for you in my own github curl fork:
https://github.com/monnerat/curl/tree/os400
It should fix the problems you mention. Please give it a try and report
here, so I can push these fixes in the master repo if OK. Thanks.

Please also note the *_ccsid wrappers have not been implemented for new
procedures and the ILE/RPG binding is ~one year old.

Patrick