WSASend returns WSAENOTCONN using multi-socket interface

From: Luigi Pomili <luigi.pomili_at_sigames.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 10:32:07 +0000

Hi,

I'm new to libcurl and I'm trying to use the multi-socket interface by following this example: https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/asiohiper.html
What I'm doing different from the example is that I'm not using the boost library but instead I'm using raw calls like WSASend and also using IOCP.

My problem is that after the open socket, where I create the socket and return the fd to libcurl for it to do the connect in singleipconnect(in connect.c), libcurl immediately calls send on it which returns WSAENOTCONN the first time and WSAENOTSOCK if I try again.
It looks to me that issue is due to the socket not having finish to connect yet, in fact the call to connect in singleipconnect returns EWOULDBLOCK.
So my question is: am I missing something? Should I add something that checks if the connect is finished myself?

Thank you very much for the help,

Luigi