Pipelining of POST requests

From: Sunil Sayyaparaju via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 16:44:51 +0530

I am probably digging up an old grave.
https://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2012-02/0246.html

I am doing POST requests which are idempotent. I want to exploit the
benefit of
pipelining as I will be sending a sequence of post msgs almost on
continuous
basis. This will be over WAN link. So, pipelining will be ideal for
me.

I made modification in the libcurl code to make IsPipeliningPossible() allow·
HTTPREQ_POST also pipeline. This seems to work. The server is responding in the
same order as my requests. I checked it by adding a custom header and sending
a strictly increasing requestid which the server sends back in the
response.

I will be happy to know in advance If I need to worry about any other
issues
the libcurl may throw at me because of my change. Are non-idempotent
POST
requests the only reason why they are not allowed to pipeline ? Or are there any
libcurl level issue that I need to be aware of ?

Did anyone try this hack successfully ?