Re: curl_multi_add_handle and subsequent timer

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 12:04:26 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 13 Nov 2017, Maksim Dmitrichenko wrote:

> 2) I've not tested it under the load, but if every request is delayed for 1
> ms, than only 1000 request per second is possible. That's very low count.

That number doesn't accumulate. If you add 1000 handles, the total wait time
is still 1ms for all of them.

>> With your oldish libcurl however
>
> oldish? you guys are really funny ) RedHat 7 contains even older 7.29.

In those more than three years that have passed since we shipped 7.38.0 we've
done 29 releases in which we've landed over 1700 bug fixes. And of course a
busload of improvements.

The circumstance that the world is full of old libcurl releases in use doesn't
change the fact that a several-years-old library is old!

I fully acknowledge that lots of users feel a need to still stick to the
outdated libcurl version that comes shipped with your old distro and it is
probably even done so with good reasons in most cases, but that doesn't change
time! =)