Re: Adding QUIC support to curl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 00:36:12 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 27 Nov 2017, Alibek Joraev via curl-library wrote:

> my question is -  should QUIC be supported only for HTTP/2 ?

QUIC is not HTTP/2, so no.

What we're primarily talking about for curl is http-over-quic, sometimes also
referred to as 'hq'. The HTTP that is sent over quic is "HTTP/2-like" but not
exactly HTTP/2 so it'll be different.

hq is thus separate from h2 which is separate from h1...

The IETF version of quic is split up into a transport part and an application
part so other protocols that HTTP will be possible to send over QUIC, but it
also makes the HTTP/2 frames we know have been mostly converted to transport
frames with only a subset of them being in the application (HTTP) layer.