Re: Option for default expected content size?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 17:36:55 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 5 Dec 2017, Christian Schmitz wrote:

>> After the server closes the connection, curl can't do anything but also
>> close it from its end.
>
> It closes because we donąt send GET request.

That may be true, but it does act fully HTTP compliant, if even a bit silly.

> I made a test app with a normal socket and that works.

Works how? And why don't you instead issue a GET then if that makes it keep
the connection alive?

> So if I could tell CURL that we expect 0 bytes, it could return quickly from
> Perform call and we could do the next one.

That wouldn't be HTTP compliant though - the server did not say that it won't
deliver any data as a response and it implied that it will close the
connection when its done. We typically don't provide a lot of means to act
like that and I can't think of any straight forward ways to accomplish this.