Re: Is there a way to statically link only nghttp2 but not others (openssl)

From: Sunil Sayyaparaju via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2018 13:02:38 +0530

Yes, as you said, the problem is with the mix and match.

I use the following to do static linking.
LIBS="-ldl" LDFLAG="-static" ./configure --disable-shared --enable-static
--with-nghttp2=/path/to/nghttp2
But it expects static libs of openssl also even if I did not specify its
path.
Because of the screwed up openssl-static on centos 7, HTTPS is not enabled.

If I do not use static linking, it expects to have run-time nghttp2.
./configure --disable-shared --enable-static --with-nghttp2=/path/to/nghttp2
For the above command configure fails with this error (which is expected)
"one or more libs available at link-time are not available run-time"
How should I instruct configure to not look for run-time libs of nghttp2 ?

- Sunil