Re: curl multi perform when remote host is down

From: Ray Satiro via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 17:35:17 -0500

On 1/9/2018 2:07 PM, surya chandrika via curl-library wrote:
> I am using curl multi perform . I have added about 10 easy handles to
> post to 10 different host.
> I would like to know that if few of the host is not reachable will it
> affect the performance or response time of other request.
>
> I assume it should not as they are parallel processing.
>
> Please confirm whether the below understanding is correct.

You are correct that if the hosts for several transfers are not
reachable that will not slow down the others.

> If am waiting for still_running variable to be 0 --> may be here it
> would affect, instead i should keep on removing the processed handle
> and keep adding new handles.

If the number of running handles is 0 then there are no longer any
transfers in progress. Call curl_multi_info_read [1] repeatedly to get
information on each transfer.

[1]: https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_multi_info_read.html