Building libcurl 7.57 on Windows

From: Alex Chen via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 17:03:39 -0800

Hi,

   I recently downloaded libcurl 7.57 and tried to build it on Windows but failed.  I was able to build 7.51 on Windows without problem.

The major change is that the file curl-7.51.0/lib/Makefile.vc14 is gone from curl-7.57-0/lib.  My build script used to call ‘nmake’ with that make file as input.

Since that file is gone, the build script cannot continue.

I notice there seems to be stuff for ‘cmake’.  What is the correct process to build libcurl 7.57 on Windows now?

Thanks for any help.

Alex Chen