Re: Configuring with both --with-ca-path and --with-ca-bundle

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 10:08:21 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018, Martin Galvan via curl-library wrote:

>> However at runtime at least for libcurl w/OpenSSL it will fail if
>> processing either one of the locations fails [1].
>
> I see. Looks like this actually stems from OpenSSL, and libcurl just acts as
> a rather thin wrapper over it. I wonder what the rationale was for this
> decision from the folks at OpenSSL, and why libcurl decided to keep the same
> behavior (albeit undocumented).

curl hands over the handling of those directories and files to the underlying
TLS library. Thus a missing file, missing directory or illegal formatting will
be handled by the TLS library and any errors or not will vary depending on the
library, version and how they consider the problem to be (or not).