Re: Incorrect documentation of CURLOPT_HEADERFUNCTION

From: Guido Berhoerster <guido+haxx.se_at_berhoerster.name>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 10:50:43 +0100

* Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> [2018-02-16 09:27]:
> On Fri, 16 Feb 2018, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>
>> Most curious.
>
> I figured out the bug in the max header length detection and PR #2315 now
> contains that fix [1].
>
> I submitted PR #2316 to make sure the header callback always gets the full
> header as documented. Includes a test case to verify it [2].
>
> [1] = https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/2315
> [2] = https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/2316

Thanks again for the quick fix.

One more issue I ran into when dealing with response headers is that
"only complete header lines are passed on to the callback" does not
hold true for folded headers. While RFC7230 does deprecate them, it
also requires clients to accept and normalize them before
interpretation. I don't know wheter you consider that to be in scope
for (lib)curl, if not, it would be good to mention this in the
CURLOPT_HEADERFUNCTION documentation.

--
Guido Berhoerster