Re: github issue #2161

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 23:42:05 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 23 Feb 2018, Maroš Priputen wrote:

> And to answer your question, why should be (total percentage) removed, now
> the total field is always full size of a file, so percentage would be always
> at 100%, so now total percentage role falls to received percentage role, if
> I understand it correctly.

I think the same fields should always be present there for consistency. The
progress meter should not change style simply because the user resumes a
transfer.

Why would total always be 100%? Can you elaborate in words exactly what you
intend to do in code?

> And since I'm new here, you can comment if I am doing something wrong i
> tried to read developer guidelines on the official site, but it's so
> extensive.

If you have the funtionality done the way you want it and want to suggest to
us, then please submit a PR on github and it is easy for us to review and
comment on your approach.