Re: curl Windows build and setenv command

From: Richard Alcock <richard.alcock_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 16:47:59 +0000

Kees,

I also started looking at changes to winbuild that would mean we don't
need to put all the dependencies under same folder, so I'm interested
in what you are thinking about as well.

What I played with (using zlib as the example) added ways to allow us
to override the library path, include directory and library names.
Everything is intended to default to what happens today if not set.

WITH_ZLIB=<dll or static> - Enable zlib support, DLL or static
WITH_ZLIB_LIBPATH=<path> - Path to zlib library files. If set is
used instead of WITH_DEVEL path.
WITH_ZLIB_INCLUDE=<path> - Path to zlib header files. If set is used
instead of WITH_DEVEL path.
WITH_ZLIB_LIBS=<name.lib> - Name of zlib library

You can see what it looks like at
https://github.com/richardthe3rd/curl/tree/windows_zlib_locations

Richard