Re: Wait for a response using curl_multi_wait

From: Richard Copley <rcopley_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 17:09:26 +0000

On 22 March 2018 at 15:16, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Mar 2018, Richard Copley wrote:
>
> Probably a stupid question, but in the example I was talking about, where
>> does the socket returned by connect() fit in? After the first SYN packet
>> has been sent, and before the SYN/ACK arrives, can't curl wait on that
>> socket?
>>

> Yes it can and it does. The typical no-socket gap in time is before that
> socket is created, when libcurl resolves a host name in a separate thread.

Oh, I had been assuming the resolve had happened synchronously, but I
didn't check.

I did some packet-sniffing. The results are in an earlier message in this
thread. If you have the time and energy, and if you can make any sense of
what I wrote, would you mind having a look at it? It looked to me as though
what you describe wasn't happening (i.e., curl wasn't waiting on that
socket), but I'm not really confident of that.